Sciatica is defined as an inflammation of the supporting tissues of the sciatic nerves of the leg. This condition is characterized by pain running from the Lumbar (lower back) region to the back of the legs. Sciatica pains felt in either one or both of the legs, are usually experienced after the age of 30, and go on aggravating as the age advances. Sciatica is not a disease or a condition, although it is a bunch of symptoms that include pricking pain, Numbness, tingling sensation, and weakness that starts from the Lower Back and radiated to the Buttocks and Lower Limb to the foot. Hereby Sciatica is a general term for pain originating from the Sciatica Nerve. Thus, it is a symptom of a disorder that causes mild to sharp and sometimes excruciating pain.
Common Symptoms of Sciatica
- A chief complaint or symptoms is radiating pain from the Lumber Region to Toe(Foot), it may vary from mild to severe, worsen on sitting, standing and even in Lying
- Tingling and pricking needle-like sensation
- Muscular Weakness
- Difficulties in Leg and Foot movement
Ayurvedic Concept with Management
- In Ayurveda literature, Sciatica symptoms known as Gridhrasi (Gridha means Eagle), Sciatica is considered to be caused due to impaired digestion. A faulty digestive system causes the build-up of Ama (Toxins) that accumulate in the minute channels of the body.
- Ayurveda further added this ‘Ama’ is become responsible factor for aggravation Vata Dosha(One of Principle Dosha in the Body, responsible for Movements and Function of the Body) and sometime Kapha Dosha( Responsible for Lubrication and Body Fluid) vitiation along with Vata Dosha( Called Vata-Kaphaj) also caused
- Ayurveda is specialized in treating Sciatica with highest treatment success rate. It offers excellent Panchakarma therapies along with internal medicines for treating Sciatica.
- Treatment in Ayurveda is aimed at restoring the equilibrium through correction of the underlying functional in-equilibrium. Ayurvedic treatments for Sciatica concentrate on bringing back the aggravated Vata and Kapha Dosha to the state of equilibrium and thereby to the state of
- Treatment comprises of three approaches, Shodhanam (Elimination) of the accumulated toxic products of Digestion, Metabolism and the Disease process, Shamanam (Pacification) and correction of the entities responsible for altered functioning and Rasayanam (Rejuvenation) of the bodily tissue to regain and maintain natural strength and
Ayursathya Ayurveda’s special approach in sciatica involves
- Abhyanga (Medicated Oil Massage)
- Swedanam (Hot Fomentation)
- Pathrapottali Sweden (also called ‘Ela- Kizhi’ fomentation, sudation, steaming treatment)
- Sarvangadhara (Pizhichil, A rejuvenation and Revitalization Therapy)
- Kati Vasti involves specially prepared warm herbal oil being poured over the lower back and retained inside the black gram paste boundary for the required duration. This therapy alleviates lower back conditions like lumbar Spondylitis, Inter Vertebral Disc Prolapses, Lumbago (Low Back Ache), and Sciatica). A most important procedure in Ayurveda to treat Sciatica
Contact Us Today!
We are pleased to inform you that there is free parking now available when you visit Dr. Sathya. The name of the parking area is Samara parking. It’s just opposite to West zone supermarket. Behind the al ain center building. Just inform the parking person that you are going to the Ayur Sathya clinic. Make ensure your appointment before coming.