Heavy menstrual cycles with increased bleeding are menorrhagia. Intervals of cycles are regular.
Ayurveda takes Menorrhagia as Asrgdara or Raktapradara, where asrk and rakta mean blood. According to Ayurveda, it’s not only the Hb levels or Total blood count that determines blood sufficiency, the quality of blood is also essential.
- Hormonal imbalance
- Polyps or fibroids in the uterus
- Cancer of uterus/ovaries/cervix/vagina
- Dysfunction of ovaries
SYMPTOMS AND TREATMENTS
- Heavy bleeding – Sanitary pads get filled in an hour or two
- Prolonged bleeding – Bleeding may last more than 5 days with the same intensity. Even 8-16 days bleeding can be seen
- Passing blood clots in menstrual flow
- Anemia due to increased blood flow
- General fatigue
- Muscle aches
- Back pains
Treatments adopted are as follows:
- Proper diet
- Proper yoga /exercise
- Shambhala (blocking ) – First line as we should initially stop heavy bleeding
- Sheetala upachara(Cooling therapies and medications) – To slow down blood loss
- Sheetala annapana – Diet of cold potency
- Medications and therapies to restore proper levels of Pitta and rakta are also done.
- Therapies like Matra Basti, Snehavasthi, Uttara vasthi , Yoni Pichu, avagaham , virechanam , and vaginal tampons can all be done.
- Avoid spicy/hot foods
- Avoid coffee and alcohol
- Avoid junk foods
- Low fat and carb diet is preferred
- High fiber diet is good
- Avoid stress
- Practice meditation
- Practice regular yoga
- Avoid strenuous exercises and activities
- Drink water and keep hydrated
Contact Us Today!
We are pleased to inform you that there is free parking now available when you visit Dr. Sathya. The name of the parking area is Samara parking. It’s just opposite to West zone supermarket. Behind the al ain center building. Just inform the parking person that you are going to the Ayur Sathya clinic. Make ensure your appointment before coming