Back, Neck & Joint Pain
Joint problems that arise due to the lack of nourishment or low bone density problems. Commonly arises due to a toxic overload in the body, leading to a build-up that inhibits proper functioning and joint mobility.
The key to preventing these issues is to create healthier cells that are capable of effectively eliminating toxins and creating healthy plasma to nourish and protect joints
Pain in the neck, shoulders, and arms, is a very common problem and is growing in incidence over the years. Several factors like sedentary lifestyle, wrong posture, excessive use of computers, and general lack of physical activity account for the increased prevalence.
Low Back Pain (LBP or Back Ache) is a common disorder involving the Muscles, Nerves, and Bone of the back region, including degenerative or traumatic changes to the discs and facets of joints, which can cause secondary pain in the muscles, and nerves, and referred pain to the bones, joints, and extremities. Backache has a sudden onset or can be chronic pain, constant pain or intermittent or stay in one place (most common in Osteoarthritis, specific location like knee or any other local joint area) or
Radiate to other areas (Most common in Fibromyalgia i.e. most widespread pain), Can also be a sharp, piercing, or burning sensation. Pain may radiate in the Legs or Feet and may include symptoms other than pain like Tingling, Weakness, or Numbness. It can divide into two categories as Acute or Short-Term Low Back Ache and Chronic Back Ache (Long Term)
Acute or Short-Term low back ache generally lasts from a few days to a few weeks. Most acute back pain is mechanical in nature i.e., the result of trauma to the lower back or a disorder such as arthritis, Chronic Back Ache means pain that persists for more than 3 months is considered chronic. It is often progressive and the cause can be difficult to determine.
Common Symptoms like
- Muscle Ache
- Shooting or Stabbing Pain
- Pain that Radiates down your Legs (Usually found in Sciatica)
- Limited Flexibility (inability of rotation of joint)
- Inability to stand up Straight (Due to lack of Calcium, zinc and phosphorus content and Vitamin D or prickling of Bones)
- Morning Stiffness (Most Common Symptom)
Ayurvedic Concept with Management
In Ayurveda, this condition is referred to as ‘Kati-Shoola’ i.e Here ‘Kati’ means Low Back or Hip Region, and Shoola mean pain which can be different in nature. Various names for this condition are mentioned in Classics of Ayurveda (Science of Life or Knowledge of Life) like Kati -Vata or Prishta Shoola or Kati Graha or Trika Shoola.
At Ayursathya Ayurveda, the treatment for Back pain will be planned according to the presentation of the Dosha predominance and underlying cause. Treatment may include Panchakarma therapies for Shodhana, internal medicines, external applications, and advice on diet and lifestyle modification. Our team mainly focuses on Abhyanga (Medicated Oil Massage), Dhanyamaladhara (traditional liquid massage therapy where lukewarm herbal liquid) or Also Called Deep Tissue Massage, Vasti, mainly used in Rheumatoid Arthritis cause as per Ayurvedic theory,
Main causative factor
(R. Arthritis) is Apakwa Anna (Indigested Food which turns in accumulated toxins and gets associated with Vata Dosha and travels to the joint area in body with vitiated Vata and causes a burning sensation with inflammation and pain sensation are done according to the severity and nature of back ache or the disease. Backache pain treatment is purely based on Vatashamaka (pacifier) oil application and vatashamaka medication, although Ayurveda believes the root cause of every disease is individual Aahara (type of food intake) and Vihara (Lifestyle).
Ayursathya Ayurveda provides proper screening of patients, personalized herbal medication, and therapies which make its path different in the management of back pain.
“Cervical Spondylosis” is a chronic degenerative condition of the cervical spine that affects the spinal cord and intervertebral discs of the neck. It may also include degenerative changes in the joints and longitudinal ligaments. Ayurvedic treatment also helps in reversing the damage to the nerve and preventing further degeneration of the cartilage, bones, and longitudinal ligaments.
Administration of Ayurvedic therapies like Podikkizhi (Choorna pinda sweda), Elakkizhi (Patrapotala Sweda), Abhyanga (medicated oil massage), Nasya (Instillation of medicated liquids through the nasal cavity), etc in conjugation with herbal medicines is very effective in providing tangible benefits in all these cases, rendering
the patient is symptom-free.
The Most Common Causes Of Neck Pain Are
• Muscle spasm, sprain, or strain
• Intervertebral Disc prolapse or Disc herniation
• Cervical Spondylosis
• Spinal Stenosis
• Ankylosing Spondylitis
Other Causes Of Neck Pain Include
• Tumours of head and neck
• Rheumatoid Arthritis
• Congenital Cervical Rib
Rare Causes Include
• Congenital spinal canal stenosis
• Spina bifida (abnormal development of the spine)
• Tumor in the spine
• Tuberculosis (of the spine)
• Trauma (accident-related)
• Carotid Artery Dissection
• Referred Pain from Acute Coronary Disease
• Retro pharyngeal Abscess or Epiglottitis
Ayurveda Treatment Of Neck Pain
Ayurveda Treatment of Neck Pain is based on the cause of the problem and generally, if it is of recent origin it responds quickly to conservative treatment approaches like rest, pain killers, etc. Persistent neck pain is often caused due to Disc prolapse and arthritis of the cervical spine and it also leads to other complications like Cervical Radiculopathy etc.
Conventional (Allopathic) Treatment For Neck Problems
Conventional treatment of neck pain is aimed at relieving the symptoms by the use of pain killers or through physiotherapy and traction. If these measures fail, patients are advised to undergo invasive procedures like epidural injections or surgery to release the pressure on the nerves that get pinched to get relief or to avoid further complications. However, these procedures are complicated and do not provide long-term benefits.
Ayurvedic Treatment For Neck Pain
Ayurvedic treatment for neck pain is based on the cause of the neck pain and often it is because of muscular spasms caused by Strain due to posture or stress. This response easily to Ayurvedic medicines and in severe cases to local massages. Ayurveda offers a very tangible alternative to surgery and other invasive procedure like epidural injections.
Administration of Ayurvedic therapies like Podikkizhi (Choorna pinda sweda), Elakkizhi (Patrapotala Sweda), Abhyanga (medicated oil massage), Nasya (Instillation of medicated liquids through the nasal cavity), etc in conjugation with herbal medicines is very effective in providing tangible benefits in all these cases, rendering the patient symptom free.
It also helps in reversing the damage to the nerve and in preventing further degeneration of the cartilage, bones, and nerves involved.
Ayur Sathya Ayurveda Treatment For Neck Pain
We offer treatment, over a duration of two to three weeks, at our facility, The Clinic is housed in Alain Centre, offering a very serene atmosphere away from the din and bustle of the city to harness the power of Nature in Healing. The experienced and caring doctors are ably supported by a team of compassionate paramedical and support staff.
Follow-up consultations, medicines, and therapies are available at our clinic
Why Ayr Sathya For Neck Pain?
• Treatment at Ayursathya alleviates the need for surgery and improves the quality of life.
• Our experience of over 28 years makes us the best at offering the services required to effectively heal.
• The treatment offered is time-tested, safe, and effective.
• The treatment is natural and holistic.
• Our comprehensive approach helps retard the chances of a recurrence.
• Patients can continue to live life with renewed confidence.
What Is Joint Pain?
Joint pain is the most common problem the contemporary world faces as this requires a doctor’s consultation. There are several conditions that affect the normal functioning of the joints leading to the manifestations of different diseases.
- Adhesive capsulitis
- Frozen Shoulder Elbow Joint
- Tennis elbow
- Golfer’s Elbow Wrist Joint
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrome
- Ankle and foot
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Calcaneal Bursitis Hip Joint
- Avascular Necrosis of Head of Femur Knee Joint
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Causes Of Joint Problems
Wear and tear. With age, the cartilages lining the bones tend to get worn out leading to a reduction in the space between the bones and producing grating when the joint is moved. The bones can also get weak due to several factors like age, lack of exercise, deficiency of Calcium or Vitamin D, and after menopause in women. This can also lead to chances of fracture and can cause joint pain and other problems in the joints.
Inflammation is a process, wherein the body secretes several chemicals to break down substances that are not functional or are foreign to the body, to disintegrate the unwanted materials and remove them. Damage due to Injury. Injury can cause structural damage to any of the tissues of a joint like the bones, the menisci, tendons, and ligaments can affect the functioning of the joints and lead to diseases.
Symptoms of Joint Problems
- Pain – Pain may be at the joint or in parts of the body associated with the
- Swelling – Swelling is often a sign of
- Stiffness – Stiffness is caused by the body to prevent excessive movement in order to protect the damaged
- Limited range of movement – when a muscle or tendon is affected, it is not possible to move the joint through the full range that is normally
- Tenderness – Tenderness is pain on touching the part and is a sign of
- Weakness – Weakness of the part of the body associated with the joint is often
- Inability to move the part – When a tendon or muscle is affected, the person is not able to move the affected Movement may also be restricted by pain.
- Fever – Joint problems can also be a part of a systemic issue and a disease that not only affects the joint but also other organs in the body Ex. Ankylosing Spondylitis.
Treatment of Joint Problems
The goal of Ayurvedic treatment for joint pain and other joint problems is to get rid of the symptoms like pain, tenderness, swelling, redness, stiffness, etc. associated with the situation, to enable the person to perform normal activities, and to prevent further complications and recurrence.
- Ayurveda Treatment for Joint Pain & Problems
The Ayurveda approach to treatment is varied from person to person. However, the approach to the treatment of patients suffering from inflammatory conditions differs significantly from that of Degenerative conditions. Chronic joint problems lead to degeneration and degeneration over a long period of time leads to inflammation. So patients who suffer from either of these conditions for a long period of time will have a combination of inflammation and degeneration which have to be addressed by the consulting physician simultaneously.
- Ayurveda Treatment of Inflammatory Joint Conditions According to Ayurveda, the initial stages of inflammatory conditions is to be associated with toxicity (AMA) formation and are dealt with detoxification. Detoxification in Ayurveda is done on three levels. For mild levels of toxicity Ayurveda advocates very light food with warm fluids and rest. For moderate levels of toxicity, Ayurveda advocates the administration of herbal decoctions that help the liver to metabolize and eliminate toxins. For toxicity of a high degree, Ayurveda advocates Panchakarma (The five methods of Cellular Bio-purification). Ayurveda also advocates a number of herbs that have a very effective anti-inflammatory action. The main one is Guggulu, one of the most important herbs used in Ayurveda for the treatment of inflammatory conditions. Ayurveda also employs a number of therapies like Dhanyamladhara (Pouring of warm fermented liquid), Abhyanga (Oil massage), Podikkizhi (Herbal powder massage), Ilakkaizhi (Herbal leaf massage), and a large variety of Vasthis (Enemas) which are very effective for inflammatory conditions. The course of Vasthi is a continuous process numbering 8(YOGA VASTHI) 15(KALA VASTHI) and 30 (KARMA VASTHI) respectively and are very effective in reducing very severe inflammation and restoring normalcy. It is seen to be the main tool used in bringing down inflammatory markers like ESR, CRP etc. significantly.
Ayurveda Approach to Degenerative Joint Conditions Conditions Treated: –
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Gouty Arthritis
- Cervical Spondylosis
- Lumbar Spondylosis
- Cervical Myelopathy
Our treatment mainly Aimed for long-term good effects: –
Rheumatic diseases are a group of auto-immune disorders and are growing in incidence over the years. Though the exact reasons are not yet known. Conventional Ayurveda treatment is aimed at reducing inflammation and associated symptoms like pain, swelling, etc, and at preserving joint function by drugs that suppress the immune system. The joints otherwise get affected if the disease is uncontrolled for an extended period of time. Administration of Panchakarma (The detoxification therapies) with special focus on Vasthi (Enema) clubbed and the other therapies in conjugation with herbal decoctions and portions are known to be very effective in controlling the process, making the patient symptom-free and preventing damage to tissues.
Enhancing the Quality of Life of Rheumatic patients.
Our Experienced team, at Ayursathya polyclinic, offers comprehensive ayurvedic treatment for Rheumatic diseases with excellent results in patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, and Poly arthritis. Patients who have been suffering for an extended period of time can be helped to improve joint function and gradually withdraw the drugs in most cases thereby preventing the chances of long-term complications.
Contact Us Today!
We are pleased to inform you that there is free parking now available when you visit Dr. Sathya. The name of the parking area is Samara parking. It’s just opposite to West zone supermarket. Behind the al ain center building. Just inform the parking person that you are going to the Ayur Sathya clinic. Make ensure your appointment before coming